Motorcycle Insurance in Colorado
Is Motorcycle Insurance Required in Colorado?
Motorcycle insurance is required in Colorado Springs, CO and other parts of the state. In order to be in compliance with the law, you need some minimum liability insurance. This includes a minimum of $50,000 for total bodily injury coverage per accident and $15,000 for property damage liability coverage. Other coverage is optional. Keep in mind that motorcycle insurance policies go along with the bike, so if you are riding another person’s motorcycle, you aren’t covered. Instead, you will be covered by the policy the owner of that bike has.
What Will Motorcycle Insurance Cover in Colorado?
Depending on the type of motorcycle insurance you get, there are different coverage options for various incidents. An agent at AmPro Insurance LLC can help you decide which coverage is right for your situation.
- Liability Coverage: This is the only coverage that is required and is designed to cover any third-party property damage and injuries you are responsible for after a collision.
- Collision Coverage: This coverage is to pay for damages to your own motorcycle caused by an accident, regardless of who is at fault. You can choose replacement value or actual value coverage to help replace the bike in the event of a total loss.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This coverage is for damages to your motorcycle caused by an event that isn’t a collision, such as weather. It can also cover your bike if it is stolen or vandalized. You can also purchase replacement value or actual cash value policies.
- Personal Injury Protection: This coverage is for medical treatment for you and a passenger if injured in an accident on your motorcycle.
- Accessory Coverage: This coverage is for any customized equipment or accessories that you add to your motorcycle.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: If you get into an accident with an uninsured driver, then this coverage will help with medical treatment and damages without the need to sue.
- Roadside Assistance Coverage: If your motorcycle breaks down while out on the road, this coverage can help with towing or mechanical assistance.
Contact AmPro Insurance LLC, serving Colorado Springs, CO, to get a quote on motorcycle insurance.